7 Great Benefits of Mens Platinum Bands
- Exclusivity: Platinum is a very rare metal. It is estimated that 7 to 12 tonnes of ore must be processed to produce a single ounce of platinum. The metal is very expensive and exclusive by virtue of its rarity. You can flaunt your wealth and your exclusive fashion sense with Mens Platinum Bands.
Click On The Above Image To View An Amazing Collection Of Mens Platinum Bands
- Hypoallergenic: Platinum is an inert metal meaning that it does not react with most things. Also platinum jewelry items including Mens Platinum Bands are crafted out of 90% to 95% pure platinum. The remaining 5% to 10% is either Iridium or more often Ruthenium; other inert metals from the platinum group of metals. These factors combine to make platinum jewelry hypoallergenic. Mens Platinum Bands will never react with your skin or sweat and so never give you an allergic reaction. Mens Platinum Bands are as elegant and versatile as they are beautiful and pure.
- Naturally White: Platinum is a true white metal. It is purely white in color in its pure form and exhibits a lovely natural white luster. Platinum bands do not require being rhodium plated like those of white gold. In fact, plating of platinum with rhodium is much like painting an expensive oak woodwork thereby concealing its beauty and character. The neutral color of platinum enhances the natural brilliance of diamonds and other gemstones and its true whiteness will complement the natural beauty of your band’s precious stones. The attractive white color of the metal looks great against any skin tone
- Metal Strength: Platinum is about 1.7 times as dense as 24 karat gold which is why it is more resistant to wear and tear than any other precious metal. This makes platinum an excellent choice for works where strength is critical such as crafting a band or a ring. A men’s band is definitely best crafted in platinum. Because platinum is the strongest of all precious metals, stones set in platinum are very secure. It is also extremely dense, so it wears better over a long period of time. Bands with platinum prongs need less maintenance and hold gemstones more securely than gold prongs. Also as stated above, neutral color of platinum enhances the natural brilliance of diamonds and other gemstones. As such, platinum is the perfect metal in which to set precious and beautiful stones.
- Resistance to scratching: Unlike other precious metals, the denseness of platinum makes it difficult to scratch. Moreover, the scratch on platinum is simply a displacement of the metal and none of its volume is lost.
- Patina: Over time, platinum acquires a pretty patina preferred by many over the polished finish. Patina refers to the (natural and unavoidable) accumulated changes in surface texture and color that result from normal use
- Weight: Another factor which adds an immense masculine appeal to Mens Platinum Bands is the weighty and heavy feel of the metal. With a specific gravity of 21.4, platinum is heavier than gold which has a specific gravity of 19.3. The alloying metals (ruthenium or iridium) also contribute to the heaviness. A platinum band is usually heavier than an 18ct gold ring by an average ratio of 1:1.5.